The UFC announced that Michael Bisping is out with an eye injury and Lyoto Machida will replace Bisping and face Mark Munoz in the main event of UFC Fight Night 30.
Bisping had suffered a detached earlier this year and had complications with the eye in training and therefore had to bow out of the fight. MMAFighting.com is reporting that Bisping will not need corrective surgery, but he will be out of action for five to six months.
UFC President Dana White stated to ESPN.com that he will get Bisping the best treatment possible.
“We’re going to get [Bisping] the best treatment possible,” White stated. “Hopefully he’ll be able to get through this thing.”
Machida was scheduled to face Tim Kennedy in his debut at middleweight in the main event at UFC Fight For The Troops event on November 6.
UFC Fight Night 30 takes place on Saturday, October 26 from the Phones 4u Arena in Manchester, England.
Here is the card for UFC Fight Night 30:
MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 2, 3 p.m. ET)
- Lyoto Machida vs. Mark Munoz
- Melvin Guillard vs. Ross Pearson
- Ryan Jimmo vs. Jimi Manuwa
- Norman Parke vs. Jon Tuck
- Magnus Cedenblad vs. Alessio Sakara
- Phil Harris vs. John Lineker
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 11:45 a.m. ET)
- Piotr Hallmann vs. Al Iaquinta
- Luke Barnatt vs. Andrew Craig
- Jessica Andrade vs. Rosi Sexton
- Cole Miller vs. Andy Ogle
- Jimy Hettes vs. Mike Wilkinson
- Michael Kuiper vs. Brad Scott