Nick Diaz Comes Out Of Retirement, Agrees To New Deal With The UFC

diaz

Nick Diaz stated after his loss at UFC 158 in March of 2013 to George St-Pierre that he was retiring. Since then, Diaz had been offered numerous fights by the UFC and turned every one of them down. Now Diaz has had a change of heart.

UFC president Dana White announced today Diaz has signed a three fight contract extension to return to the company.

Financial terms were not disclosed in the deal. Diaz told UFC.com that he was glad to get have that time and feels refreshed.

“I’ve been doing a whole lot of not getting punched around-type stuff,” Diaz said Thursday afternoon at UFC headquarters. “I’ve been staying in shape pretty good, doing a lot of running. It’s been a good experience having this much time off.”

Anderson Silva has stated in past interviews that he is interested in fighting Diaz as he gets ready to return in early 2015 as well. Diaz said he wants fights that are going to get him a title shot with welterweight champion Johny Hendricks and expressed interest in a fight with the former middleweight champion.

“I’d like to fight for the title,” Diaz said. “I think that would be a big deal and worth fighting for. I want fights that will lead to a title fight. Whoever is in line and whoever has the title, that’s who I’m going to be fighting.

“I’d be interested in fighting [Anderson Silva] and anything that’s going to do well,” he continued. “As far as Anderson Silva, I think that would be a great fight for people to see because he has my type of style.”




Related posts

*


*

Top