UFC on Fox 12 takes place tomorrow night from SAP Center in San Jose, California. The main event features a battle of welterweights with Matt Brown battling Robbie Lawler, with the winner getting a shot at welterweight champion Johny Hendricks. In the co-feature, Anthony Johnson faces off with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.
Controversy ensued when Brown weighed in at 172.5 pounds. Brown had two hours to cut 1.5 pounds to make the 171 pound limit. The California State Athletic Commission told Brown he couldn’t cut the weight anymore. UFC president Dana White talked to the CASC and argued that Brown shouldn’t have to lose 20 percent of his purse if he wasn’t allowed to cut the weight. White won the battle and Brown won’t have to forfeit any of his purse. Lawlor ended making weight at 171 pounds.
UFC newcomer Juliana Carneiro Lima missed weight preliminary card fight against Joanna Jedrzejczyk. Lima initially weighed in at 117 pounds for the strawweight bout and was given two hours to cut to the limit of 116 pounds. Lima was only able to get down to 116.5 pounds. She won’t be fined. Jedrzejczyk weighed in at 115 pounds.
Here are the weigh-in results for UFC on Fox 12:
MAIN CARD (FOX, 8 p.m. ET)
- Matt Brown (172.5)* vs. Robbie Lawler (171)
- Anthony Johnson (204.5) vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (205.5)
- Dennis Bermudez (146) vs. Clay Guida (145)
- Bobby Green (155.5) vs. Josh Thomson (155)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX, 6 p.m. ET)
- Daron Cruickshank (155.5) vs. Jorge Masvidal (155.5)
- Patrick Cummins (206) vs. Kyle Kingsbury (204.5)
- Tim Means (170.5) vs. Hernani Perpetuo (171)
- Mike De La Torre (146) vs. Brian Ortega (145.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 4:15 p.m. ET)
- Akbarh Arreola (155.5) vs. Tiago dos Santos e Silva (155)
- Gilbert Burns (170) vs. Andreas Stahl (171)
- Juliana Carneiro Lima (116.5)** vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk (115)
- Noad Lahat (145) vs. Steven Siler (146)