The Flagship is back as Brian, Steve and Michael first get into a heated discussion about our college teams and Steve finally pays up on a bet. Then the guys talk about some promotions within the WWE which are leading to the impending launch of the WWE Network, how exactly the network could work and the many possibilities, Triple H now in charge of the creative team along with Vince McMahon, the WWE TLC 2013 pay-per-view which is less than two weeks away, their disappointment in WWE storylines and if they see that changing anytime soon, the Slammys coming to Raw on Monday and also the possibility of TNA Wrestling original AJ Styles leaving the company.
Brian and Steve talk WWE Raw from Monday night which was another lackluster show, Michael Strahan handing out hip tosses to The Miz and Titus O’Neil, the Survivor Series rematch of the Divas elimination match, the upcoming match between John Cena and Randy Orton at the TLC pay-per-view and if it will be a unification match, other possible matches on that show, what has happened in the WWE since the summer, Jake Roberts dream of buying TNA and more.
WWE legend Jake “The Snake” Roberts talked recently with Steve and the Scum on WGD Weekly. Roberts discussed his interest in wanting to buy TNA and how he run the company. You can watch the complete interview here.
Wanting to But TNA: “I want to run an Indigogo and raise the money to buy that son of a bitch and do it right. Not to be in competition with Vince (McMahon), but to do wrestling the way I liked it. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won’t. But now I hear the guy from Smashing Pumpkins is snatching it, so maybe I should just buy the band Smashing Pumpkins and go on with my life and start singing.”
How he would run the company: “I got all the thoughts, bro. There ain’t nobody better at that. I would make it simple, there would be good guys and there would be bad guys. There wouldn’t be no bull**** and there wouldn’t be twenty minute interviews. We would actually, ‘rassle, the world needs it man.”
Over the weekend, TNA taped more editions for Impact Wrestling at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. TNA taped the December 12 edition of Impact Wrestling.
- There was a segment with Bad Influence where they revealed that Joseph Park has not been an attorney for ten years as he claimed. They attacked Park until Eric Young made the save, which set up a tag match.
- EC3 defeated Earl Hebner.
- Austin Aries defeated Chris Sabin (w/Velvet Sky) to win the X Division Title.
- Gail Kim came out for her open challenge. ODB came out and wanted to fight Lei’D Tapa. The heels got the better of ODB until the returning Madison Rayne made the save.
- Joseph Park and Eric Young defeated Christopher Daniels and Kazarian.
- EC3, Gunner, Zema Ion, and Chavo Guerrero secured briefcases in a feast of famine match. The briefcases, which contain contracts for a TNA Title shot, a tag title shot, an X Division title shot, and a firing) will be opened at a later date.
Results were courtesy of ProWrestling.net.
TNA has taken Impact Wrestling off the road and headed back to taping their shows at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. TNA has been taping editions of Impact Wrestling and they taped the December 5th edition of the show.
- Jeff Hardy beat Bobby Roode in a tables match to advance in the TNA Title tournament.
- Magnus beat Kurt Angle in a Last Man Standing match to advance in the TNA Title tournament.
- Gail Kim defeated an independent wrestler.
Results were courtesy of ProWrestling.net.
TNA aired a themed edition of Impact Wrestling on Thursday night called Turning Point. When the company runs these pay-per-view themed editions of Impact, it usually gets an uptick in the ratings.
Impact drew a 0.95 rating with an average of 1.19 million viewers. The rating is slightly down from last week’s 0.96 rating, but there was a rise in viewership as last week’s average was 1.1 million viewers.
The highlights of the show were the TNA world title tournament matches featuring Samoa Joe vs Magnus and James Storm vs Bobby Roode. The main event featured Mr. Anderson vs Bully Ray in a no disqualification match in where if Anderson won, Aces and Eights had to disband. If Ray won, then Anderson had to leave TNA. Anderson ended up winning and the Aces and Eights are no more.
- Le’D Tapa defeated Velvet Sky
- Bobby Roode & Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian & Chris Sabin defeated Kurt Angle & James Storm & Gunner & Magnus.
The heels won in four straight falls. Storm and Gunner were out first. This left Angle & Magnus against both. Magnus faked a knee injury and couldn’t continue to get out of the match. This left Angle against all four. Angle wasn’t pinned but ended up grabbing a chair and got DQ’d.
TNA taped more stuff for upcoming shows last night and another taping will be taking place tonight. As soon we get the results and when the matches will air, we will fill you in.
If you are attending the tapings, email me the reports at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Results were courtesy of WrestlingObserver.com.
Bobby Roode and James Storm are supposed to square off tonight on TNA Impact Wrestling in a bullrope match in the TNA World Heavyweight Championship tournament. Roode got a step up on Storm heading into tonight’s match.
Roode attacked Storm from behind in an Orlando bar last night. TNA released two short videos showing the brutal attacks. TNA hasn’t stated whether Storm will still be competing tonight.
Brian and Steve recap WWE Raw is Country, the buildup for Survivor Series which is this Sunday, the five matches on that show, what they think could happen at Series, reaction to CM Punk and Daniel Bryan compared to their spots right now, Hulk Hogan not returning to TNA, other WrestleMania theories and story time with Fritz including the time he put a whipping on Jeff Jarrett.
On this week’s edition of The Flagship, Brian, Steve and Michael talk about WWE Raw from Monday night including the bear feud between The Shield and The Wyatts, the lack of matches for the Survivor Series which is less than two weeks away, what is going on in the WWE right now, Hulk Hogan possibly making his return to the company and who he could possibly face at WrestleMania 30, Dixie Carter taking on Spike TV and some thoughts on the passing of Eddie Guerrero with his passing eight years ago.
AJ Styles left TNA after his defeated Bully Ray in a rematch to retain the TNA world heavyweight title on the October 24 edition of Impact Wrestling. Styles then quit the company in an angle with TNA President Dixie Carter over his refusal to sign a new contract. Ever since then Styles hasn’t been seen on the show and commercials have aired on television that have been paid for by Styles.
To further the angle, TNA released a video of Carter meeting with Spike TV voicing her displeasure with the Styles commercials airing on Impact.
Do you like what TNA has done so far with the angle?
Brian and Steve are back for the weekly WWE Raw recap podcast as they look back at Monday’s show including a hot main event, an angle at the end of the show involving The Shield and The Wyatts which looks to be going nowhere right now, Survivor Series is coming – really, Randy Orton goes down and who knows who is in charge. Plus, they talk about Chris Hero getting released, Hulk Hogan’s latest online note, Mickie James working with WWE and more.
TNA aired a live edition of Impact Wrestling last night in Cincinnati, Ohio. After the live edition ended, TNA taped an edition of Impact that will air next Thursday on Spike TV at 9 p.m. ET. Here is what will air next week on the show.
- Aces and Eights started it off with an in-ring promo. It was more of the same as we’ve heard all along. A match between Mr Anderson and Bully Ray was set for the November 21 Turning Point edition of Impact. If Anderson loses, he leaves TNA. If Ray loses, Aces and Eights must disband. Anderson said he wanted to face a member of Aces and Eights right away. This led to the first match.
- Mr Anderson defeated Knux by Mic Check. Just one huge brawl.
- EC3 defeated Dewey Barnes and Norv Fernum in a handicap match.
- Christopher Daniels defeated Joseph Park. Daniels got the win with a low blow and a pinfall.
- Gail Kim won a squash match. I couldn’t catch the name of her opponent.
- Dixie Carter came out for an in-ring promo, the vast majority of which I never heard. Literally, the crowd was that loud. I caught enough to know that the tournament match on 11/21 will be a No DQ match.
- Kurt Angle defeated Austin Aries in a submission match as part of the TNA Title tournament. Angle won with a crossface. This was very good. Chris Shore wondered whether the crowd would compare for the two main event matches. I didn’t hear anyone saying they liked Full Metal Mayhem better, but it’s a fair perception. Cincinnati didn’t necessarily sit on its hands for this, though.
- After the match Mr. Anderson came out and asked if the crowd if they wanted another match, then offered to piledrive Garrett Bischoff onto the stage. He did so to some reaction. Bischoff did the stretcher job going into the post-Impact Xplosion match and about half the crowd left.
Results were courtesy of ProWrestling.net.
We had reported on Wednesday that NFL star, Adam “Pacman” Jones was the surprise former world champion that would be appearing on TNA Impact Wrestling. We didn’t know the role that Jones was going to have on the show. The Cincinnati Bengal star opened up the show walking arm in arm into the arena with TNA Owner Dixie Carter and shook the hand of Ken Anderson.
Then after the opening segment of the show, Bad Influence, which consists of Christopher Daniels and Kazarian approached Jones and his teammate Dequin Evans who were sitting at ringside. After some talking back and forth, Bad Influence pushed Jones and Evans.
The NFL stars then hopped the guardrail and got into the ring and they ended bodyslamming Daniels and Kazarian.
You can watch the video of what happened above.
Brian, Michael and Steve look back at Raw from Monday night including the feud between Triple H and The Big Show and a mini dressed as a bull trying to hump a woman on live TV(!), Rey Mysterio’s return,WWE reverting back to big guys on the top, TNA Wrestling’s latest ruse to fans, if the company is for sale or not and much more.
Subscribe to Between The Ropes on iTunes so you can automatically get the latest podcasts. You can also subscribe to Between The Ropes on Stitcher. Also subscribe to the Between The Ropes YouTube page.