Brian Fritz is joined by Scott Fishman from the Mercedez Benz Superdome following WrestleMania 30 as they recap the event including Daniel Bryan coming away as the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, The Undertaker’s streak coming to an end after losing to Brock Lesnar, what that means for Taker going forward, John Cena defeating Bray Wyatt and the rest of the show including Cesaro standing out and more.
It’s the biggest show of the year, the Superbowl of sports entertainment, WrestleMania 30 takes place tonight at the Merdedez Benz Superdome in New Orleans, LA in front of what will likely be more than 70,000 fans and also airing live on the WWE Network beginning at 7p ET.
The card is now set with one match on the two hour pre-show and then seven more on the main show which will last nearly four hours. Here is the lineup and my predictions for the matches.
Many people wondered what exactly The Ultimate Warrior would say on his long-awaited return to the WWE. And he did not disappoint headlining the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2014 at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA as one of seven new members.
After becoming one of the top stars in the WWE during the late 80’s and 90’s, Warrior — which is his real name after changing it from his given name Jim Hellwig years ago — and the company parted ways in 1996. Since that time, both sides had been very outspoken about one another especially after the WWE released the DVD “The Self-Destruction of The Ultimate Warrior”, a scathing portrayal of the man behind the character.
The Ultimate Warrior was the headlining act in last night’s WWE Hall of Fame ceremony. People were speculating since WWE announced he would be apart of this year’s class, that he would go off the rails and do a burial job of the company. Warrior ended up having one of the better speeches of the night.
Warrior announced during his speech that he and the WWE have agreed to a multi-year contract as an official ambassador for the company.
We haven’t seen The Rock since last year’s WWE Wrestlemania 29 when he lost the WWE Championship to John Cena. Rock had a variety of surgeries following the match and has a done a variety of movies since then.
Rock tweeted a photo last night confirming that he is in New Orleans, which is the site of tonight’s WWE Wrestlemania 30.
— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) April 6, 2014
A short time after that more confirmation of The Rock was in New Orleans as another photo surfaced of “The People’s Champion”.
— Jim Ross (@JRsBBQ) April 6, 2014
Will “The Great One” appear at WWE Wrestlemania 30? If he does, what will he do on the show? I don’t think he’s there to just chat and drink some coffee. We will find out like the rest of you, later tonight.
The WWE Hall of Fame takes place tonight in New Orleans, Louisiana. You can watch the ceremony live on the WWE Network starting at 9 p.m. ET.
The Hall of Fame class of 2014 includes The Ultimate Warrior, Razor Ramon, Jake Roberts, Lita, Mr.T, Paul Bearer and Carlos Colon.
WWE WrestleMania 30 takes place tomorrow night from the Mercedes Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana. Pictures have floated around all week long of how the Superdome was being constructed.
Last night WWE executives Triple H and his wife Stepahnie McMahon revealed the finished product of the arena. You can watch the video above.
Coming up on Saturday night, the WWE will induct seven more members into its Hall of Fame. It’s an interesting lineup to say the least with plenty of characters and even controversial choices. The entire ceremony will air live on the WWE Network beginning at 9pm Eastern.
* The Ultimate Warrior
An iconic character from the 80′s known best by fans for his wild entrances running to the ring and his even wilder, nonsensical promos that he would scream out. Warrior’s big moment was defeated Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania VI which many people thought would be the passing of the guard but it was not and Hogan would return to take the top spot in the company. He had plenty of detractors from his peers for his style, especially since was not a very good wrestler and his erratic personality. That’s likely why Linda McMahon will be introducing him and not a fellow wrestler.
WWE Wrestlemania 30 takes place on tomorrow night from the Mercedes Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana.
The WWE held their media day yesterday and BetweenTheRopes.com was live on the scene. We have full audio interviews as Brian Fritz talks to Daniel Bryan, Paul Heyman, Seth Rollins, Cesaro, Natalya, Titus O’Neil and Emma.
Here is the full lineup for WWE Wrestlemania 30:
-Usos vs Los Matadores vs Jack Swagger & Cesaro vs Curtis Axel & Ryback for tag titles
-30 man Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
-14 woman Vickie Guerrero Invitational for the WWE Divas Championship
-New Age Outlaws & Kane vs The Shield
-John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt
-Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar
-Daniel Bryan vs HHH
-Randy Orton vs Batista vs. Bryan-HHH winner for WWE title
WWE superstar Daniel Bryan talks with Brian Fritz about WrestleMania 30 what could be the biggest night of his career, how he would set up the match order at WrestleMania, dealing with his increased fame, handling the schedule, YES chants and more.
WWE superstar Seth Rollins talks with Brian Fritz about WrestleMania 30, The Shield and being close with Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns, getting more offense in their matches lately, facing the Wyatt Family, joining the WWE and more.
WWE superstar Titus O’Neill talks with Brian Fritz about the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at WrestleMania 30, his Florida Gators in the Final Four, the impact Batista has had on his career and more.
WWE superstar Cesaro talks with Brian Fritz about WrestleMania 30, when he got into fitness, his current workout regime, the big swing, new top talent in the WWE, seeing Daniel Bryan in his current position and more.
WWE Diva Natalya talks with Brian Fritz about the Divas Championship match at WrestleMania 30, being on Total Divas, getting slapped by Summer Rae, being married to a wrestler, advice she has shared to Brie Bella and Daniel Bryan before their wedding and more.
WWE Diva Emma talks to Brian Fritz about being part of the Divas Championship match at WrestleMania 30 which will be her PPV debut, coming up from NXT, who she has been excited to meet so far in her career and more.
Paul Heyman talks to Brian Fritz about WrestleMania 30 in New Orleans, comparing it to last year in New York, CM Punk leaving the company, been a hustler since he was a teenager, how he watches wrestling and his general mood on an early morning of media.
Triple H on Daniel Bryan: “This Year I Don’t Have A Big 300 Pound Guy, I Have A Sawed Off 185 Pound Guy”
We are two days away from Wrestlemania 30 this Sunday from the Mercedes Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Lousiana. Triple H will competing in his 18th Wrestlemania as he faces Daniel Bryan in what is the most highly anticipated match on the card. Whoever wins the match will be inserted into the main event against WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton and Batista.
The WWE has released a video of Triple H training for the match with Bryan. The video shows Triple H doing a variety of things to prepare for Bryan and you hear from his trainer, boxing coach and “The Game”.
You can watch the video at the top of the page.
Brock Lesnar heads into fourth Wrestlemania this Sunday as he tries to break The Undetaker’s 21-0 streak at Wrestlemania. Lesnar debuted in the company in 2002 with Paul Heyman and became at that time the youngest WWE Champion defeating The Rock at the 2002 Summerslam. “The Beast Incarnate” left the company in 2004 and didn’t return until the day after Wrestlemania 28 in 2012. In between that, Lesnar almost made the NFL and then became the UFC Heavyweight Champion in 2008.
Lesnar has had a tremendous impact in the WWE in his two separate tenures. Let’s now take a look back at some of the best matches in the career of Brock Lesnar.
5) Brock Lesnar vs Rob Van Dam in the finals of the 2002 King of the Ring: Lesnar had made his WWE debut three months previous on the day after Wrestlemania 18. Lesnar was steamrolling through everyone into the 2002 edition of King of the Ring. Beating Test in the semifinals, Lesnar advance to the finals against Intercontinental Champion Rob Van Dam. This was Lesnar’s toughest test to date. Lesnar defeated Van Dam in a good ten minute match as this was the first sign of big things to come.
4) Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker at No Mercy 2002 for the WWE Championship: These two square this Sunday at Wrestlemania 30, but have battled each other before. They first started feuding in September of 2002 at the Unforgiven pay-per-view with the match ending in a double disqualification. The two battled again the next month at the No Mercy event inside Hell in a Cell, which was and still is The Undertaker’s speciality match. In my mind this was the best match in 2002 with Lesnar winning in a 30 plus minute bloodbath.
3) Brock Lesnar vs CM Punk at Summerslam 2013: When Lesnar came back in 2012, a lot of people wondered if Lesnar could still go in the ring considering he hadn’t been in the ring in over eight years. Lesnar had very good matches since his return up to this match against Punk at Summerslam 2013. The build was fairly simple as Punk left Paul Heyman, with the devious manager bringing in his hired gun to take Punk out. These guys put on a near 30 minute classic with Punk winning the match as I thought this was the 2013 match of the year and the best match since Lesnar returned to the WWE.
2) Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle 60 Minute Iron Man Match for the WWE Championship: These had classic matches all throughout 2003 starting at Wrestlemania 19 with Lesnar winning the title. Angle regained the title in July of that year pinning and then beating him again the following month at Summerslam. The blowoff to the feud took place on the September 16th edition of Smackdown in a 60 minute Iron Man Match. This was an unbelievable match that ended up with Lesnar winning five falls to four and regaining the WWE Championship. This was deemed the best match of 2003 by Pro Wrestling Illustrated.
1) Brock Lesnar vs The Rock at Summerslam 2002 for the Undisputed WWE Championship: Lesnar had been on a roll since he debuted in early 2002 like we had stated earlier. With the victory over Van Dam at the King of the Ring, Lesnar earned a crack at the WWE Undisputed Championship. The Rock had come back from filing the “Scorpion King” in June of ’02 and won the title the following month at the Vengeance event pinning Kurt Angle in a triple threat match that also featured The Undertaker. These guys went 17 minutes with a very rabid Long Island, New York that cheered when Lesnar hit the F5 to pin Rock and become the Undisputed Champion.
Let us know your thoughts on our list.