The WWE held their Smackdown tapings last night in Birmingham, Alabama. The show will air on Friday night on the SyFy channel starting at 8 p.m. ET. Here is what happened at last night’s tapings.
- The show opened with Michael Cole interviewing Triple H in the ring. They were seated in chairs for the sit-down interview. Triple H said six people were fired for setting up the production for Big Show. He noted that Show filed a lawsuit. He said Show is irrelevant and he remains fired and he can’t comment further.
- They spoke briefly of the Alberto Del Rio vs. John Cena match and moved onto Daniel Bryan and Shawn Michaels. Hunter said Michaels will do the right thing. Daniel Bryan’s music hit. Hunter stayed in his seat. Bryan cut a promo saying he will prove Hunter wrong at Hell in a Cell. Bryan had a staredown and Triple H left to yes chants
- The Uso Brothers defeated Luke Harper and Erick Rowan (w/Bray Wyatt). Miz was at ringside and kicked Wyatt. Rowan chased Miz, and the Uso’s double teamed Harper and got the three count.
- A.J. Lee (w/Tamina Snuka) beat Nikki Bella (w/Brie Bella). A.J. picked up the win with the Black Widow in three minutes.
- Los Matadores defeated Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre. Zeb Colter and The Real Americans watched the match from the stage. A quick win for Los Matadores. They are kinda over with the crowd. Zeb cut promo saying the Americans will prevail at Hell in a Cell.
- Backstage, The Wyatt Family had Miz chained up in a dark cage with “liar” painted on his stomach.
- Ryback and Paul Heyman defeated C.M. Skunk in a No DQ handicap match. Yeah, that’s right C.M. Skunk, a local jobber with skunk hair. The crowd really popped when Punk’s music hit, but it was merely a squash match for Heyman and Ryback. Afterward, Heyman cut promo on Punk, saying he is Best in the World. He absolutely had the most heat of the night thus far.
- Big E Langston told Vickie Guerrero that he wants in the main event match now that Miz is out. She agreed after he told her that she is nothing like Brad Maddox.
- Alberto Del Rio delivered a promo on the stage. Pretty standard mic work from Del Rio.
- The Great Khali (w/Natalya) fought Fandango (w/Summer Rae) to an apparent no-contest. Summer Rae slapped Natalya and they fought inside the ring, which led to the apparent no-contest. Khali chopped Fandango to end the segment.
- Daniel Bryan, Big E Langston, Cody Rhodes, and Goldust defeated Randy Orton, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, and Dean Ambrose in an eight-man tag. Bryan pinned Orton to win the match. A standard eight-man tag with near falls. Overall, a good match live.
Results from ProWrestling.net.