Rampage Jackson To Participate In Bellator Tournament Starting Febraury 28

bellator 110

In 2013 former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson left the company after his contract and agreed to a contract with Bellator during the summer. Jackson was supposed to face former UFC star Tito Ortiz to headline Bellator’s first pay-per-view, but Ortiz suffered a neck injury that postponed the fight. Jackson went onto debut two weeks later and knocked out Joey Beltran. A question always arose though when Jackson signed with Bellator, was if he would compete in their tournament to get a title shot. We now have that answer.

It was announced today on a conference call that Jackson will compete in the light heavyweight tournament that starts on the premiere episode of the new Bellator season. The fight will take place at Bellator 110 and Jackson will battle former Bellator light heavyweight kingpin Christian M’Pumbu. The other two participants in the tournament will fight that night as well as Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal faces Russian submission ace Mikhail Zayats.

Jackson is excited for the opportunity to compete for the chance to be the light heavyweight champion.

“This is what Bellator is all about,” Rampage said. “I’ve never felt better, and now it’s about getting the belt. Bellator is all about the tournaments, and if that’s what you need to do to get that belt, that’s what I’m going to do. M’Pumbu is up first, and when I finish him, it’s King Mo or Zayats, and then it’s onto the belt, simple as that.”

Follow Between The Ropes on Facebook and Twitter.

Tito Ortiz Has A Fractured Neck, Bellator 106 Will Now Be on Spike TV

It has been confirmed by Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney that Tito Ortiz has suffered a fractured neck and will be out of his Bellator 106 fight next Saturday with Quinton Jackson. Rebney then said the card will switch from pay-per-view to a three hour event on Spike TV and the people who had already ordered the event will get reimbursed.

We had reported earlier today that Ortiz was going to be out of the fight.

Rebney and Spike TV executive Kevin Kay held a conference call earlier today to make the announcement of the switches.

“I’ve got bad news, and I’ve got great news,” began Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney. “The bad news is that I can confirm that Tito has fractured his neck and will be unable to fight next Saturday. His doctors confirmed that fighting with Tito right now could have dire consequences, so Tito is off the card and our thoughts and prayers are with him in what we hope will be a great and full recovery.

“The great news that I’ve got, because I’ve got the greatest partners on Earth at Spike and Viacom like Kevin Kay and people like Wade Davis, we’re going to give Chandler-Alvarez II for the lightweight title, (Muhammad)Lawal versus Emanuel Newton II for the light heavyweight interim world title, [Pat] Curran versus [Daniel] Strauss II for the featherweight world title, and a bevy of other really great fights, all to the best MMA fans on Earth, for free on Spike TV, Saturday night at 9 o’clock Eastern time.”

Every main card fight will be moved up now with the rematch of Michael Chandler and Eddie Alvarez for the lightweight title. Rebney said that the “Fight Master” finale between Joe Riggs and Mike Bronzoulis will now be apart of the main card.

Rebney stated that Ortiz could be sidelined for more than six months before the Bellator can get a better timeframe on an Ortiz return. In terms of when Jackson will make his Bellator debut, Rebney would like to get Jackson ASAP.

“On the Rampage front, literally as quickly as possible,” he said. “Obviously there have been a lot of moving parts with Kevin and I and the team and Spike and Bellator and everybody working together to put this magical show on Spike TV for free, but don’t think that we’re not thinking about Rampage and we’re hopefully going to be in a position in the next week to make some great announcements on that as well.”

Follow Between The Ropes on Facebook and Twitter.

Tito Ortiz Suffers A Neck Injury, Out Of Bellator Pay-Per-View Main Event Against Rampage Jackson

According to MMAFighting.com, Tito Ortiz has suffered a neck injury and is out of his main event fight against Quinton “Rampage” Jackson next Saturday.

The report states that Ortiz suffered the neck injury in training. As of this current time, Bellator is looking for a replacement to face Jackson and it is unknown if Jackson will still be on the card.

The article also states that Bellator is considering moving the entire card over to Spike TV with Jackson.

Ortiz sent out a strange tweet a few hours ago that showed that the fight with Jackson was in question.

BetweenTheRopes.com has reached out to a representative of Ortiz, but have received no comment at this time.

We will keep you updated on the situation as news becomes available.

Follow Between The Ropes on Facebook and Twitter.

Quinton “Rampage” Jackson’s Reality Series, “Rampage4Real” Premieres Tonight

Quinton “Rampage” Jackson returns to the cage for the first time in almost ten months coming up on November 2nd against Tito Ortiz. But it is not inside the famed UFC octagon, it is inside the Bellator cage as Bellator makes its debut on pay-per-view.

Before the fight takes a three part reality series will feature Jackson heading into the fight with Ortiz. The first episode airs tonight starting at 11 p.m. ET on Spike TV.

Here is what will be on the show in a statement from Spike TV.

Rampage Jackson has the biggest fight of his career coming up when he faces Tito Ortiz on November 2nd. But before training starts, Rampage tries to get in the last of his partying. Watch as he lives the rock star life style with his entourage, before he attempts to start getting back into shape.

Watch the video above of the preview of tonight’s episode.

Will you watch the show?

Follow Between The Ropes on Facebook and Twitter.

‘Rampage’ Jackson Signs Deal with Bellator, TNA

rampage-jacksonBellator MMA along with TNA Wrestling announced today that Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson has signed a “multi-year, monumental partnership” that includes both MMA and pro wrestling.

As part of the deal, Jackson will also star in a reality TV show on Spike TV leading up to his MMA debut for Bellator.

“Rampage is a true superstar both inside and outside the MMA cage” Bellator CEO & Chairman Bjorn Rebney said. “The partnership that we’ve created with Quinton is unlike anything that’s ever been done in the sports & entertainment arena and Rampage is the perfect athlete/entertainer to carry it off.”

This deal is similar to one that Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal signed with the companies involved last year.  More details on this deal will be announced during a press conference on Wednesday in Los Angeles followed by a conference call with media.

“Rampage is one of the best known MMA fighters competing today,” said TNA President Dixie Carter. “He is a true cross-over star and his talent, big personality and popularity among a wide range of fans make him an extraordinary fit for our company.”

Jackson (32-11), a former UFC light heavyweight champion and Pride champion, left the UFC earlier this year following loses to Jon Jones, Ryan Bader and Glover Teixeira.  At that point, his relationship with the UFC and President Dana White had gone south to the point where both parties decided a split was necessary.

Spike TV is hoping that Jackson and his personality will help provide a ratings boost to both Bellator and TNA Wrestling.  It is not known yet what role Jackson will have with the wrestling company.

“We are thrilled to create this opportunity for one of the greatest athletes and personalities in MMA,” said Kevin Kay, Spike TV President. “Rampage is a proven ratings driver who brings incredible star power to both Bellator and TNA.”