TNA aired a live version of Impact Wrestling last night in Salt Lake City, Utah. After the live version of the card, TNA taped an edition of Impact Wrestling that will air next Thursday on Spike TV at 9 p.m. ET.
Here the results of the show.
- Magnus won a gauntlet match to get a spot in an 8-man tournament to become #1 contender (there are also reports that the tournament will crown the new TNA Champion). Sting was in the match even though he’s not able to challenge for the title ever again. Magnus won after he threw Sting over the ropes continuing their angle. The crowd went crazy when Sting came out but they could’ve cared less about Magnus. The other other seven guys in the tournament are Bobby Roode, Jeff Hardy, Chris Sabin, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, and two others I can’t remember for some reason. Bully Ray was left out to continue the Mr. Anderson feud.
- EC3 faced the same jobber he beat at BFG. The jobber was more over than half the locker room. There was a huge “Let’s go blue guy” chant since he wore a blue singlet.
- Bobby Roode beat Kurt Angle. First, the Angle injury is kayfabe. He was perfectly fine. Great match and Angle was way over.
- TNA Knockouts Champion Gail Kim beat ODB when Lei’D Tapa interfered. Gail used the ropes for leverage getting the pin.
- TNA Tag Champions Bro-Mans beat Gunner and James Storm. Robbie E used the ropes for leverage. Filler match.
Results were from ProWrestling.net.